Welcome to The GAN App (“GAN,” “we,” “us” or “our”). GAN provides a fast and fun way for you to achieve your goals through our collaboration platform. Just define your purpose, create a strategy, use a checklist, add a mentor, or choose any feature that works best for switching on your achiever mode!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We offer Businesses a GAN Premium option, which allows the Business to assume control of all GAN App accounts over which the Business can demonstrate email domain ownership (“Upgraded Accounts”) and upgrade these accounts to a new GAN Premium community. This gives the Business the ability to access, process, and delete any data submitted or previously provided through the Services by Upgraded Users, including all files and communications, all groups, and all GAN Chat messages.
If you have joined The GAN App using an email address, phone number, or any other credential that is not owned by a Business, but have shared content within a Business community (including all data shared in groups within that Business community and in GAN Chat with Upgraded Users), then the Business, upon upgrading to a GAN Premium community, will have access to and control over all data submitted or provided through the Services within that Business group or community. This will include all files and communications previously shared and that you may share in the future with Upgraded Accounts in that Business group or community, including in GAN Chat, with Upgraded Users.
Please ensure that you have all necessary consents and permissions before you post any information about other users of the Services or your Business on The GAN App.
What kinds of information do we collect?
Information that you and others provide
We may collect the following kinds of information from and about you:
- The content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
- Contact information, such as full name and email address and any contact information relating to other users (such as telephone numbers or email addresses) that you choose to upload, sync, or import
- The content of all communications on or through the Services.
- User communications, feedback, suggestions, and ideas sent to us, or any other information that you provide to us when you or your Business contact or engage us for support regarding the Services.
- Any other information you choose to upload, share with other users, or provide to us directly through the Services.
Log and cookie data
We automatically collect certain information provided by your browser or operating system through the Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address and other browser or device identifiers, browser type, operating system, crash data, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about your activities and actions (such as the links that you click and pages that you view) within the Services, and other App server log information (“Log and Cookie Data”).
Your browser or device may offer settings related to these technologies. For more information about whether these settings are available, what they do, and how they work, visit your browser or device’s help material. We may not recognize or respond to browser or device signals around tracking, and some settings may interfere with your use of features that we offer. Additionally, the settings offered by a browser or device often apply only to that particular browser or device.
How do we use the information we collect?
SUNSOFT will use the information that we collect to provide, develop, improve and monetize the Services, as well as the SUNSOFT Services and those services provided by the SUNSOFT Companies. Examples of such use include:
- Communicating with users regarding their use of the Services.
- Enhancing and promoting the security, integrity and safety of the Services for you and other users.
- Operating, maintaining, and improving the systems and infrastructure that provide the Services and other SUNSOFT Services For example, we may use crash logs from your use of the Services to identify and fix bugs that may also be present in the SUNSOFT Services.
- Personalizing and customizing your experiences as part of our provision of the Services including presenting you with content, communications, or topics (including paid content) that you may be interested in or that are popular or trending within your Business community.
- Developing new tools, products, or services that we may introduce which may develop and enrich your experience over time.
- Sending you marketing communications, communicating with you about our Services, and letting you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Conducting data and system analytics, including research to improve the Services and the SUNSOFT Services.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our Services, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy or insolvency or if the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
We may access, preserve, and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order, or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests when we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized Apps. We may also access, preserve, and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you, and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off our Services and other SUNSOFT Services. Information that we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
Aggregate or de-identified data
We may also disclose information that has been aggregated or that otherwise does not personally identify you to third parties and affiliates who may, amongst other purposes, use it for analytics, trends, and analysis to improve and provide our products and services and the products and services provided by the SUNSOFT Companies.
Data retention, account deactivation and deletion
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our Services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
You can delete your account at any time. When you delete your account, we delete things that you have posted. If you do not want to delete your account, but want to temporarily stop using The GAN App, we may offer you the choice to deactivate your account instead.
Safety and Security
We use the information that we have to help verify accounts and activity and to promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
How to contact SUNSOFT with questions
Palo Alto CA, USA 94301
7951 E Thunderbird Rd
Scottsdale AZ 85260
SUNSOFT Cookies Policy
Cookies & Other Storage Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data stored on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, SUNSOFT (“we”, “us”) refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the GAN App Service, analyze which parts of the GAN App people find most useful and engaging and identify features that could be improved.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit:
- The GAN App;
- Services provided by, or other domains used by SUNSOFT,
Browser cookie controls
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help material. Certain parts of the GAN App may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.